Thursday, 23 January 2014

So I lied..

I lied. One big fat lie which said I had lost all interest in running- well it turns out I am completely untrustworthy.

On Sunday, I ran another half marathon. With 6 days notice and zero training. Yup- I lied. Apparently I do like running, and although the 13.1 miles were slow (very slow) I ran them all. On finishing I cried (I like to be dramatic) then wee'd and then signed up for my next half in Sunderland. Sunderland is supposed to be fun, flat-ish and friendly so if you're sitting on the fence get signed up and I shall see you there. I actually intend to do some training for this one so I am hoping to beat the 2 hrs 20 minute barrier. (Told you I was slow)/

Do people not say that it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind?

The race itself was fine, I was deserted after one mile, the soldier left behind. Yet I relaxed into it and enjoyed it. Apart from the last two miles- they hurt! And the guy who shouted 'Only one mile to go' at 11 miles was not helpful- I believed you, you twit.

Still, one can only fail truly if one doesn't try.