Saturday, 6 August 2011

Boring sleep.

Think it's an early night for me this evening. I had a wild night at a Lady Gaga tribute and am suffering today. It's got me thinking; when did I morph into such a lightweight? I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't that drunk, as I was a tad merry;  my problem is that I actually had two drinks. Yes, TWO drinks. Crabbies ginger ale to be precise.
  I also didn't really come in that late, around about 11:30 and tucked up in bed by midnight. So why, oh why oh why am I so tired today? I feel monstrously hungover and although it is just past 20:00hrs I'm ready to jump into bed. I think it must be the three years of disturbed sleep. For since falling pregnant with my daughter nearly three years ago, I have not had longer than six hours sleep in a row.  In the beginning of pregnancy I woke to throw up, the middle of pregnancy with excruciating legs cramps and the end of pregnancy to pee every hour, then you have a newborn to look after, then you do it all again. (My youngest still not sleeping through despite being 13 months old) Anyway, you get the point. I'm craving a full nights sleep the same way one would crave a hot buttered crumpet, a holiday in the Caribbean or sex.
  Still, why am I moaning on here about it? Because, in case you have not noticed, I'm tired and tired people like to moan. I'm done now. Please excuse me, I'm off to bed.